Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Used To Want To Live In Colorado

When I was around 11 or so, my grandparents took me on a two-week long vacation through a lot of the western states by car. We saw some amazing sites, including Yellowstone National Park before the big fire of 1988. I absolutely fell in love with Yellowstone and so far it's my favorite place in the world. But, as far as the states we went through, I was impressed by Colorado the most. It was beautiful and had such charming little towns. When I got back home, I told my mom I had decided I was going to live in Colorado when I grew up.

Years later, at the age of 31, I drove to Denver, Colorado for a Janet Jackson concert (don't make fun of me) and after spending 2 days in Denver I remembered how cool Colorado really is. It is just an awesome state.

However, I am becoming increasingly glad I never seriously made any effort to actually move there. I am not going to dwell on the details here because this is such a tragic subject, but what is with all the school shootings in Colorado?

The latest school shooting may not have resulted in as many lives lost as the Columbine shooting in 1999, but is horrible in it's own way.

No comments: