Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Love Google News

I don't really know why I like Google News so much, but I do. I check it quite frequently to keep up with what's going on in the world. So I was really excited when I read this a few minutes ago:

"In a bid to explore new sales channels for long-established media, Google Inc. will expand its online news index to include historical news stories. According to the Associated Press report, the news archive comprises of old articles published in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Time magazine and The Washington Post."


And then, my excitement faded as I read this:

"Google will direct those who want to see the full story to the Web sites that own the content. Those referrals turn out to be extremely profitable for media outlets. They will be able to charge for access to the full stories."


Bummer. If you're interested, here's the article

Tags: News

No comments: