Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Spending Time In Branson

After I got off work Sunday morning, I headed down to my mother's house, loaded her up and headed over to Branson to enjoy some Christmas spirit and do some much-needed Christmas shopping. We checked into our hotel @ 01:00pm and dropped off our baggage before heading over to Silver Dollar City. Both of us were wearing plenty of layers to combat the cold weather and since "the City" was not very busy it turned out to be an excellent night to go.

I finally got to see their production of "A Christmas Carol" and truly enjoyed it. I had seen the live play before, but never at SDC. But, the main reason I go to the city at Christmas is to experience the lighting of the five-story Special Effects Christmas Tree. I don't know why, but I am drawn to that tree like a moth to a flame. I go and see it every year during the holidays and even though I've seen it before I can't take my eyes off of it. One of the reasons is that "Carol of the Bells" is my fave Christmas song and one of my all-time favorite songs period. The version of the song they use for the tree is the best version I've ever heard.

Anywho, I'll post more about the other things we did on our Branson trip a little later. For now, here's a few pictures of Silver Dollar City:




No comments: