Saturday, December 02, 2006

Redneck Christmas Parade

Tonight I went to the Christmas Parade in Cassville, MO to watch my neice do tumbling with her gymnastics team. Now, Cassville is where most of my family lives so I have been attending their Christmas parades ever since I was a little girl. But now that I am a resident of the "big" city of Springfield, it struck me how redneck the little hometown parade must seem to outsiders. Maybe not necessarily Springfieldians, because we are surrounded by small towns, but certainly people from St. Louis, Chicago, Dallas, etc. have never seen parades that featured these types of things:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a redneck parade without monster trucks.

...roseykrh said...

I heard about 20 entries were missing from the parade due to the bad weather, so there might have been monster trucks originally :-)