Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Is Gaining On Me

I started off so good this Holiday season, I just knew I was getting everything accomplished early. But alas, I am officially "behind schedule". I do not have everything purchased, I do not have every item wrapped, I haven't even bought ingredients yet for the stuff I'm supposed to make.

My blog is suffering because of my ineptitude. Christmas is not only gaining on me, it is getting ready to run me over. I apologize for the gap in posts here. I just simply have not had time. But rest assured, tomorrow night I go back to work and while I'm stuck at my desk I have plenty of time. So, I will post more then.
Until then, I have to get back to wrapping gifts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will come and go so quick. You have a really neat blog.

I want to get the word out about my effort to represent the people of Springfield. Please take a look at the site when you can!

People should Speak Out

MODOT will soon lobby the state legislature supporting rail passenger service, AMTRAK from St. Louis to Springfield, Branson, and Tulsa. Fifteen years of work went into promoting the effort. It’s critical people who want such service speak out.

Seven years of work went into promoting new job opportunities which is what people want. Changing of the second industrial park into a technology park by name and concept could bring new companies of the future. City utilities, the county, and the chamber have spent millions on the current industrial park which sets almost empty.

The State Audit is due next summer and uses the managerial accounting concepts and principles of looking at what areas need to be changed or improved. Company employees make suggestions, in this case the citizens, must have the chance to weigh in on doing things better. Accountability of city operations is the citizen’s right since they are supplying the monies to run the government. Any issues you have please email them to moaudit@auditor.mo.gov or call Donna Christian, audit manager at 1-800-347-8597.

A neighborhood organization for the Oak Grove area is being formed. Please go to: www.reedforcouncil.com to learn more about my campaign. Merry Christmas to all!

Sincerely,

Steven Lloyd Reed
1441 S. Estate Avenue
Springfield, MO 65804
417-368-1481
stevenlloydreed@hotmail.com
417-849-4279