Friday, December 15, 2006

Congratulations Bobbie!

Today, my best friend graduated from MSU here in Springfield with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work. Today also marked the end of her first week as a state employee because she is so damn smart she has already been hired into her professional field.

I will not reveal Bobbie's true age, but let's just say she's not young. LOL. Actually she's only in her mid-30's, but she went back to college and earned her degree while working full-time and being a single mother. In fact, 2 years ago she earned her Associates Degree while working 56 hours a week. Bobbie and I used to work together and in our early 30's we convinced each other to return to college. Both of us had attended before, but had never finished because life happened. I took the easy way out and chose an Information Technology degree that I completed in 2 years. But Bobbie is in for the long haul. Now that she has received her Bachelor's, she will be taking a small break to concentrate on her new job for a while. But she will soon be working towards her Masters Degree and is considering getting a PhD. I'm hoping she does, because I wanna call her Dr. Bob.

Anyway, Congratulations Bobbie! You worked hard, you sacrificed much and YOU DID IT. I knew you could. I am proud of you.

As soon as I get a chance, I will add a picture of the graduate here - unless, of course, she tells me not to.

**UPDATE** Posted picture as promised

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will take my mother off this blog now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will sue the pants off, you jack ass. lol
You are a tool bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!