Tuesday, December 12, 2006

SDC...Again

For the second Sunday in a row, I got a chance to visit Silver Dollar City during their "Old Time Christmas" celebration. Last week with my mother, this week with my brother Scott, my sister Wendy, and Emma, Marshall and Dillon who are my neice and nephews. I know it's confusing, but none of these people are related to my mom so that is why we didn't all go together.

Anyway, the city was a little busier this week than it was last week but was still truly enjoyable despite the increase in visitors. It's something Wendy takes the kids to every year, but that didn't stop them from being in awe of the lights and decorations. It's always a great experience to witness things through the eyes of a child.

Wildfire, PowderKeg and Fire In The Hole were some of their favorite stops, but we also went to see SDC's presentation of "A Christmas Carol". I had seen it last week, but enjoyed it so much I was more than willing to see it again. The show is about an hour long (so is the wait to get in the door) and I was concerned that maybe the twins would get a little bored with it. It is, after all, a musical and I normally wouldn't expect 10 year old boys to enjoy that. But everyone absolutely loved it, especially Dillon. I don't want to give anything away about the production because if you haven't seen it you need to be surprised, but they especially liked the ending. After seeing it twice in a week, I really must insist that anyone who is able to go should definately check this show out. It's amazing.

While at the park we enjoyed hot chocolate with "the works", giant chocolate-chip cookies that were served warm, corn dogs and french fries and, of course, a funnel cake. We took lots of pictures and truly enjoyed being together. In the following pics we have Emma first, then Marshall and last, but not least, Dillon.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you really make me wanna go to sdc

...roseykrh said...

you totally should, it's awesome this time of year.