Friday, December 01, 2006

Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen DeGeneres cracks me up. Really badly. Her and Kathy Griffin are my 2 favorite comedians ever. I know that's an odd combination because they have 2 very different styles, but what can I say *shrug* - they make me ROFLMAO.

So, the point of this story is that I am graciously accepting any donations of any Ellen DeGeneres products that you would like to give me. Simply email me at roseykrh@hotmail.com to arrange a time I can pick up my gift from you.

No?...not falling for that one, huh? Fine, I really am just writing about Ellen because I was attacked by insomnia yesterday morning and ended up being awake long enough to watch her talk show...weekdays @ 11:00 on KY3...and realized I wish I could stay up every day and watch her show. I am always impressed when celebrities give some of their time, money and fame to charity and Ellen is one of the most giving. Currently she is working with Coinstar to accept donations of your loose change through all of their coin machines throughout the nation. Just go to the machine, click on donate, choose the "Ellen fights Hunger" link and empty your pockets of change. 100% of all donations will go directly to America's Second Harvest in order to feed the hungry children and families here in our country this holiday season.

The coin collecting campaign kicked off on Wednesday's show when Ben Afflek donated over $1000 to get her started. On the episode I watched yesterday, before it ended Janet Jackson called in and told Ellen she loved the idea of donating her spare change so she had made a point of gathering up all of her spare change and wanted to donate it to "Ellen fights Hunger". All I know is, I wanna be Janet Jackson's maid, because she claims she raided the couch cushions and desk drawers and was able to donate $10,000 towards the charity. Of course, we know that didn't all come from her couch, a lot of it probably came from the console of her limo.

And this is just one of the many things Ellen is doing this holiday season and continues to do all year long. Next week she will be in New Orleans to do the official lighting of Jackson Square for the first time since Hurricane Katrina. She's a great hollywood role-model and she's pretty darn funny even while doing all these good deeds. Check out her website here for more information regarding all the charities she's involoved with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally love ellen degeneres too

...roseykrh said...

You must be as cool as me!