Monday, October 02, 2006

Welcome To October

Yeah, October is finally here! I am excited because this is my favorite month of the year, not only because I love Halloween so much, but also because October has the best weather ever. The crispness in the air when I step outside just makes me want to sit around a campfire and roast marshmallows. Plus, all the trees start turning colors and everything gets so pretty. It's awesome.

Anyway, I welcomed in October by going to a family reunion. And it was actually much hotter than I expected it to be. There was definately no crispness in the air yesterday. The reunion was good, but I was dissapointed to see that attendance was really down from what it used to be. It made me realize that I am going to have to stop thinking of myself as one of the grandkids, and actually start acting like an adult. Meaning, I need to make sure I stop buying a veggie tray at Wal-Mart the morning of the dinner and start making several dishes of food, getting there early to help set-up, etc. I think I am even going to make an effort to send out reminder letters a month or so before next years reunion. It's just kind of sad that so many people didn't show up. There wasn't very much food brought and no one had taken the time to really get stuff organized and make the day fun. Even some of my first cousins that I eat dinner with at Grandma's every Sunday, did not show up for the reunion. And out of the ones that did, half of them showed up a few minutes before time to eat and were gone 30 minutes later. So, I really think I'm gonna step-up and try to make things different. I'm the oldest grandkid and my grandmother is basically the boss of the family, so it should fall on my shoulders naturally anyway.

No comments: