Thursday, October 12, 2006

Apple Butter Makin' Days

I didn't want anyone in the area to forget that Mt. Vernon's annual festival, "Apple Butter Makin' Days" starts tomorrow. I have actually never been before, since I never really lived in the area, but I have always heard great things about it. This year, I have decided I am going. I have Saturday night off of work so I can attend a big hayride, so I figure that means I don't have to go home and go to bed when I get off work on Saturday morning. Instead, I'm going to meet up with Bobbie and Cordell in Mt. Vernon and we are going to get to know this festival on a personal level.

I plan on buying some apple butter, that's for sure. I am also hoping to have kettle corn, a funnel cake, maybe a caramel apple. Man, I can smell all the wonderful smells already. According to the website, there are hundreds of craft tents. Wow, I can't wait.

No comments: