Thursday, October 05, 2006

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

I am a huge fan of horror movies (although they seem to be more bloody and less scary these days) so I am excited about Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning which opens tomorrow night. But it took a while to decide whether or not I wanted to see it. Not because it might be scary but because a few years ago I discovered something about the original movie which really ticked me off. In fact I was so mad, I still have not seen the remake that was done in 2003.

I loved the original movie. I remember watching it at a fairly young age and being scared out of my mind by that family. It stayed with me for years as one of my favorite films simply because the fact that it was real made it even more scary. I even went to high school with a girl whose family had moved up to Missouri from Texas in 1982 and she was old enough to remember living near that town when the killings were on the news in Texas at the time all of this was discovered. Or so she said. Then, one day a few years back I accidentally found this and I was so dissapointed that I became completely disenchanted with the whole story and it's movies. But, I am over it now and I am willing to tackle the new movie and see if it can do the job of scaring the crap out of me.

Any of you guys want to go see this with me?

No comments: