Saturday, October 28, 2006

Recommended Book Of The Week

Well I've been trying to hold off on this book as long as I could, but alas, I can wait no more. You see my favorite author is Stephen King. I know a lot of people don't like him because he is too descriptive and rambles on about unimportant things (okay, a lot of people don't like him because he's too gory also). But it's his long, rambling descriptive attention to all the little details that is exactly why I love him. When he goes into full detail about the way the trees looked against the sky as little Billy rides his bright, shiny red bike through the grassy, green and gently-rolling fields - I feel like I'm watching a movie more than reading a book.

Therefore, he's always been my favorite. The only fiction book of his that I've ever not liked was one called "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon". I'm not sure why I didn't care for it, but I didn't.

So anyway, I waited as long as possible before recommending a Stephen King book because I don't want to get into the habit of listing all of his books here. But, I only recommend books that I have actually read and I mostly only read horror novels. So, the time has come to recommend one.

This week I recommend my all-time favorite Stephen King book, "IT".
And, btw, I really think Amazon should look into paying me a little something for always referring people straight to them.

No comments: