Friday, October 20, 2006

Recommended Books Of The Week

Over the weekend I realized that I had forgotten to recommend a book for last week. So, in order to make the world right again, I am going to suggest 2 books this week.

First one is Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom. This is a true story about a sports writer who learns his old college professor is terminally ill and decides it would be rude not to visit him. But that one polite visit would turn into a weekly ritual as Mitch discovers just how much Morrie can teach him. This is a heartwarming and inspirational story about a dying man with a remarkable attitude towards both life and death.

Second, one of my favorite books of all times, Watership Down by Richard Adams. This book was required reading for me in high school, but I have read it twice since then. Everytime I enjoy it more. It's an amazing piece of literature because you can read it as a simple, entertaining tale about talking bunnies who have to find a new place to live, or you can read it a little more intensely and discover a lot of wonderful bits of wisdom on topics such as freedom, leadership, and ethics.

No comments: