Friday, November 03, 2006

Route 66

I have always been fascinated with road-tripping, but recently I have started to become more and more obsessed with the infamous Route 66. So far, I have no plans to try and make the journey to the west coast (mainly because I haven't the time or the money), but I sure do love reading about it and seeing pictures and videos of the way it used to be and even the way it looks now.

I have traveled down some of the sections of the "mother road" that are in this immediate area. Since Springfield is considered the "birthplace of Route 66" I knew I would have to check out the pieces of the road that were near here. I love delving into the history of all the businesses and people that made their living off of the road in it's heyday.

Anyway, if any of you guys are as interested in learning about Route 66 as much as I am, check out the Route 66 News blog and make use of the links and suggestions on the sidebar along with reading the blog postings. There's all sorts of cool stuff just waiting for you to discover it.

No comments: