Thursday, November 02, 2006

Digital Photography

In March, I finally got my first ever digital camera and I have used it almost daily. I'm addicted. Years ago, I was one of the photography geeks in high school - I even served as photography editor for my high school yearbook when I was a senior. But over the years, I had slowed down to doing nothing more than taking snapshots at holidays with a 35mm camera and only processing my rolls of film once or twice a year.

Now, however, I have the fever. I have once again become obsessed with taking "artsy" pictures of landscapes, people and objects. But in high school I used a Pentax K1000 with manual focus and manual exposure settings. Now I am using a Nikon Coolpix L1 and although I love it and it's a great camera, I am trying to figure out ways I can have a little more control over how the shot turns out.

In my searching I stumbled across this website with the authors "Top Ten Digital Photography Tips". I will definitely be using some of these tips to experiment with my pictures.

No comments: