Friday, March 02, 2007

First Friday Art Walk


Well, tonight I experienced another "first" for me since living in Springfield. I attended my first First Friday Art Walk. Yeah! I had heard about these last summer, but the two people I know in town have no interest in them whatsoever and I just never bothered to go check it out.

However, one of my on-line friends from a forum I frequent is a fanatical historian of Heer's Department Store. And he has been mentioning for a week now that he would be hosting an exhibit of Heer's memorabilia. So, I figured that was as good an excuse as any to finally check out an Art Walk. I knew that a few other people from my favorite website were also going down to support Willard (his online name), so I headed to the Gillioz Theatre and got one of my first tastes of downtown on a Friday night.

The Heer's exhibit was pretty cool. While there, I met up with a few people I knew and after we had checked out the Gillioz we walked up to Walnut street and checked out another Art Walk spot. Then we headed over to South Avenue Pizza for dinner. I had never eaten there before and the pizza was awesome. We finished our food just in time for me to head to work so it worked out pretty well.

No comments: