Saturday, March 03, 2007

Hey Ya (Acoustic)

Don't get excited, this is nothing new. This video blew up on the internet around September of '06 and has been posted on thousands of blogs. However, I still absolutely love it and since it has died down quite a bit, I thought I would try to revive it a little.

Oddly enough, as wildly popular as this video was I did not learn about it until a few months later. And then I only found it because I was purposely searching for an acoustic version of the song. See, I had gone to a school music program that my neice was participating in and in between all of the various grades doing their songs, they let a group of 3 high school musicians/singers perform their own little song. Those 3 boys stunned me by wailing an absolutely beautiful acoustic version of Hey Ya. It was the first time I had heard an acoustic version and although these boys were very talented, I knew immediately it had to be something they had copied from someone else. As soon as I got home that night, I googled "Hey Ya acoustic" and BAM! - up popped thousands of links to the Matt Weddle version I have posted here. I have listened to it hundreds of times since then and I never grow tired of it. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Jason Rohrblogger said...

I hadn't seen this yet! Thanks for the heads up on this hilarious video!

...roseykrh said...

Always glad to help!