Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Walt Disney World Or Bust!


The plan:
1. To spend a week of vacation in Orlando this July enjoying multiple Disney World Theme Parks.
2. To stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge during said vacation
3. To save money by driving to Florida instead of flying (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 child)

The problem:
1. July is a very busy month for Orlando, discounts are not offered for that particular time of year.
2. So much crap to be organized and paid for, I'm not sure where to begin.
3. The money I was going to use to make an advanced payment on lodging, tickets and dining now has to be used for something that came up unexpectedly.

The possible solutions:
1. Win the lottery.
2. Ask my friends and family to donate the change out of their pockets everytime they see me.
3. Move to Florida so I can take advantage of the "resident discount".

The more realistic solutions:
1. Beg people to recommend a travel agent who can help with the planning.
2. Spend the next several months living off of peanut butter sandwiches and ramen noodles.
3. Let the other adult who is going worry about all of the planning and organizing so that I can concentrate on paying for my portion.

No comments: