Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1, 2, 3

Today's positive statements:

1. I woke up late and wanted to go in to work late, but I made myself get motivated and ended up at work 10 minutes earlier than usual.

2. I took the stairs every single time today, no elevator riding!

3. Even though I didn't like it at all, I tried to eat plain non-fat yogurt for breakfast this morning. Normally I wouldn't have even tried it but I gave it a shot because it's a recommended healthy food. Any suggestions on how I can make myself like it? I put frozen blueberries and splenda in it, but i couldn't eat more than 2 bites. It was nasty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it have to be plain yogurt? Can you do some of the flavored ones? Wal-Mart has a lowfat banana creme that is yummy. Hiland low-fats are good too, I can't do the fat-free either.

How do you feel about oatmeal?

Scott said...

Granola. I actually get yogurt from the cafeteria periodically. I put in some granola and fruit (as long as it's not frozen).

Not sure if granola meets the healthy requirement, but it does make the yogurt much more bearable.

Roseykrh said...

Granola is acceptable because it's got good fiber. And I did wonder if maybe the fact that my blueberries were frozen had an affect.

And I do like oatmeal. I actually have 3 boxes of instant oatmeal in the cabinet. For some reason, I never think of making it. Maybe I sould move it down to the counter so that it's in my line of sight.

Anonymous said...

I can choke the oatmeal down with a spoonful of p-nut butter, honey and cinnamon and is actually pretty good. Sustains me for long long time.