Saturday, June 30, 2007

Let The Frenzy Begin


I will admit, that is one cool-ass looking phone and I want one. However, not only do I not have the money for one right now (not to mention a contract with the right cell-phone carrier), I am planning on waiting a good 6 months or so before I seriously start considering purchasing the gadget. Why? Because I'm one of those people who believes that most items need a few months to work out the bugs and discover what needs to be improved on. See, if I had bought an iPod when they first came out, then I wouldn't have an iPod video right now. But, I waited until they made improvements. And I figure the same thing will happen to the iPhone.

But there were a lot of people who could not wait to buy the new iPhone today. Apple stores across the nation closed their doors at 2:00pm to prepare for the beginning of the iPhone era. The phones went on sale at exactly 06:00pm Friday, June 29, 2007. And it's a good thing that the stores took extra time to prepare, because it was a madhouse. People all over the country began lining up as early as Thursday night. I even read an interview with 2 teenagers in California who were waiting in line for their chance to buy 2 phones each and sell all 4 phones on eBay for a huge profit. Where the heck do teenagers get that kind of money? I used to be lucky to have $10.

No comments: