Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Nov. 11, 1922 - April 11, 2007

Kurt Vonnegut was not an author that was beloved by all. Most of his works were considered controversial and hard to follow. In fact, I only read "SlaughterHouse-Five" because I wanted to see what the big deal was with it. And after I read it, I liked it despite the obvious reasons most people don't.

My first experience with Mr. Vonnegut's writings was back in either junior high or high school (I can't remember which because it was so long ago)when our reading book included his short story "Harrison Bergeron". I knew then I liked the guy because that was such a great story. Unfortunately, the 2 works I mentioned here are the only things I've ever read of his. Maybe now I should find time to read some more of Vonnegut's works. I hear "Cat's Cradle" is a good one.

No comments: