Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Holidays


It's Christmas time once again. Yet another holiday where I have to somehow find a way to balance my two seperate lives and make everyone happy, including myself. Strangely enough, this holiday is easier to manage than Thanksgiving is. Which is weird because Christmas is much more important. But luckily we celebrate Christmas at my mom's house on Christmas Eve so I can get there early in the morning and devote all day and night to the Henderson clan. Tricky part is always Christmas morning. I gotta get up early and sneak off to the Beeson family events without openly admitting that's where I'm going. Some years it's easier than others. But in the end it does manage to all work out and I get to spend plenty of time with all of the people I love, even if they can never be all together with me at once.

I love them all so much. All of my half siblings, my nieces and nephews, 3 sets of grandparents, Mom & Dad, my father, my cousins and Aunts & Uncles. Even though I have to divide my time and plan every minute and avoid talking about "the other people"... it's all worth it in the end because no matter where I'm at the people I'm with are glad that I'm there. And they love me as much as I love them.

And with that being said, I'm cutting out of work 10 minutes early and starting my vacation NOW!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: