Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lacking My Vitamin D

I know that as soon as summer gets here I will be griping constantly about the stupid sun glaring in my eyes and the freaking heat melting me, but I gotta tell ya - I am ready to see some steady sunshine. I know we've had several nice days over the past few weeks and some fairly decent weekends, but I really, really, really need to see 2 - 3 weeks of bright sunshine with no rain or clouds in sight.

Studies have proven that the lack of sunshine in the winter leads to a deficiency in vitamin d and that, in turn, can cause depression and fatigue (as well as other, more major issues). And I am definitely feeling the affects. One way to help restore vitamin d into your body is to drink plenty of milk. Normally milk is something that I do drink a lot of, but sitting here thinking about it has made me realize that I haven't had very much milk at all for several weeks. And I sure have felt tired and cranky the past few weeks. So what have we learned? We have learned that I needs me some sunshine AND that I'm going home right now to drink a big ole glass of ice cold chocolate milk.

No comments: