Friday, February 16, 2007

Cold, Cold, Cold

I'm not someone who normally minds winter. In fact, I'm usually always hot so I enjoy the fact that winter means I am not dripping sweat from every part of my body. But I gotta tell ya - I'm officially sick of the cold. Of course, it probably doesn't help that this is my first winter "in the city". The wind can really funnel down the street and bounce off all the buildings creating a constant whirlpool of bitterly cold wind that means no matter which way you are walking, you're walking into the wind.

I work at St. John's hospital on National and the wind seems to blow down that street more than most others. Maybe part of it's due to the fact that there is so much traffic speeding by. Either way, it's not like employees get to park anywhere near any buildings. I have quite a hike down the sidewalk from the parking lot which is enough to make your eyes water and then freeze them that way. It totally sucks and I am done with it. Done, I say. I command springtime temperatures to make their way into the region.
I COMMAND IT!!!

No comments: